Elana Edwards - Founder
Elana Edwards founded Riverside College in 2006. Since then, the school has grown from strength to strength. The pre-primary, primary and high schools have a holistic approach to education, with a comprehensive academic, sports and extra mural activity programme. Her vision to establish schools known for their quality education, with a big focus on the individual learner, has been well received by parents and children alike.
Dave Swart - Director: Learner Development
Dave Swart has been the principal of Riverside College High School since 2014. He has a Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology and sociology and a postgraduate certificate in education. He is passionate about social work, youth counselling and life coaching, has completed a number of Life Line courses. He runs a counselling service called Introspect Life Coaching.
Carlien Ellis - Principal
Carlien's Vision and Mission
Achievement through focused guidance, tolerance and as well as freedom to explore the new and exciting opportunities along our path is what I see when I think about Riverside College in 2023 and beyond.
We have established a solid foundation and instead of re-inventing the wheel we plan on building on the expertise and the skills we already have to go to the next level.
There are a few key goals that we would like to achieve this year and they include but are not limited to the following:
- Building on and expanding on the safe, friendly and respectful environment that our learners find themselves in.
- Using our love and passion for teaching and learning to fill our seats to the capacity that the school was designed for.
- Breaking ground on the development of the next phases, which includes the Primary school and other sport facilities.
- To cultivate and instil a sense of excellence and achievement in our brand new sports department. We know that our learners are of the highest calibre and that they deserve to be celebrated for the champions that they are.
- Embracing and strengthening all our different cultures will lead to our learners learning to appreciate and respect the their diversity.
We will through our love and passion of teaching and learning, help all – teachers, learners and parents - explore new and different ways of reaching academic excellence while becoming outstanding sports men and woman and also lead the way into the future with our cultural and social clubs that we are investing in, such as Art Club, Survival Club, LGBTQIA+ Club, just to mention a few.
I dream of a school where every learner is exceptionally proud to wear our Riverside College uniform. Where they boast about their school and feel a sense of belonging and community when walking our campus.
The Riverside learners are and will be guided with passion and enthusiasm that ignites a spark of excitement and which opens their young minds to a world of opportunities that is constantly changing.
2023 is going to be a bumper year! We are going to push boundaries and enter a new phase of experiences, tackle unknown territories and most of all we are going to have fun, build self-esteem, gain new experiences and be true to ourselves.